Welcome to The FPIES Foundation Support Forum!
Hoopla Support Forum for Families and Caregivers of Children Affected by FPIES
The mission of The FPIES Foundation’s Support Forum is to provide an interactive support resource for individuals impacted by FPIES (as caregivers, as individuals with this diagnosis, as friends/family seeking to support an affected individual, etc) that in turn seeks to empower its members.
Moderators are not physicians but are acting members of one of The FPIES Foundation Executive or Volunteer Boards. All moderators are volunteers for The FPIES Foundation (including Executive Board members). There are no known conflicts of interest that may inhibit our volunteers from fulfilling this role. If conflicts were to arise as determined by the Executive Board and/or upon advisement from The FPIES Foundation’s Medical Advisory Board, a different member(s) of The FPIES Foundation’s Executive or Volunteer Board would assume the role(s) of moderator(s).
When interacting on the Support Forum it is important to remember:
- Always assume that all forum members are NOT medical professionals. This forum does NOT provide any medical advice– it exists for the purpose of supporting others affected by FPIES or caring for someone affected by this condition.
- Always assume that all children experience FPIES differently in some way. Though the children may share a diagnosis of FPIES, each child and each family will undergo different experiences while living with FPIES.
- Always proceed with caution in regards to personal information sharing. Any such sharing is done at the sole responsibility of each individual user.
You must post information which are true and correct to your knowledge. We invite you to provide resources (references, links, ...) on health/medical claims when possible and relevant.
If you need to contact a moderator at any time, please email email@example.com and write “FPIES Support Forum” in the title line, so that we can appropriately direct your message to the correct parties.
The FPIES Foundation.
1. Social Media Policy:
Social Media Policy
Visitors are encouraged to comment on our page — that’s part of why we’re here, to raise awareness to FPIES and the tools and resources available from The FPIES Foundation. We may not respond to every comment, particularly those that may deal with confidentiality or privacy. We expect a basic level of civility; having mutual respect for all member. Profanity or abusive language will be deleted and member banned. Posts that are off-topic, solicitations, private or business matters, or posts clearly promoting a commercial product generally won’t last long. Please note this policy also applies to all of our other social media presences (our blog, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).. What you read is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The FPIES Foundation does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The information provided on this our social media platforms are intended for supportive, awareness and educational purposes and not as medical advice. It is not a substitute for care by a trained medical provider. For individualized medical advice, please consult a physician. We reserve the right to make adjustments to this policy as needed.
2. Warranty Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability.
The information appearing on The FPIES Foundation website (FPIESFoundation.org) and The FPIES Foundation Support Forums is presented for your support and general informational purposes only. It does not constitute medical advice or treatment, and it does not replace the relationship that exists between you and your physician.
Please consult with a qualified health care provider to meet your child's individual health, diet, and nutritional needs. Always contact the manufacturer of any food product to ensure that it is safe with respect to your child's unique allergy issues.
Do not disregard any medical advice you have received, and do not stop, change or delay seeking medical care because of anything you have read on The FPIES Foundation Web site or on The FPIES Foundation Support Forums or Chat Rooms.
While the content published on this Web site by The FPIES Foundation is believed to be accurate, errors sometimes occur. You must evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all opinions, advice, services, and other information found on this site.
Statements and opinions expressed in our message boards, chat rooms, newsletter, and private messages should be viewed and used cautiously. This information represents the views of the authors, and does not represent the views, ideas, opinions, or advice of The FPIES Foundation.
The FPIES Foundation does not undertake editorial control of any messages posted, nor does it actively monitor the site for inappropriate or inaccurate messages. You use any information or advice obtained from other readers through any editorials, message board, chat area, or other mechanism at your own risk.
THE FPIES FOUNDATION OFFERS THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. THE FPIES FOUNDATION DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FPIES FOUNDATION IS NOT LIABLE FOR INACCURACY, MISTAKES, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS OF ANY KIND. THE FPIES FOUNDATION IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIS WEBSITE. THE FPIES FOUNDATION IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE. YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS OF USE AND MUST INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE FPIES FOUNDATION, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS AND AGENTS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY'S FEES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO USE OF INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS OFFERED OR PRESENTED ON THIS SITE.
Original materials by The FPIES Foundation are for personal use only. You may use these materials for educational purposes, but only if your use of the materials is non-commercial and nonprofit in nature. If you use any of these materials, you must use them in printed form, and must include: “Reprinted from FPIESFoundation.org” and the date printed. You may not otherwise reprint or electronically reproduce all or any part of the materials on the FPIESFoundation.org website without advance written permission from The FPIES Foundation.
Information on this website owned or copyrighted by any individual or entity other than The FPIES Foundation is for personal use only. You may not otherwise reprint or electronically reproduce all or any part of this material without advance written permission from the owner of the information.
If you contribute content, including message board postings, you grant The FPIES Foundation a perpetual, limited-use license to use all or part of your contribution in our published materials. The FPIES Foundation may edit or comment editorially on any submissions. These materials will not be treated as privileged or confidential.
4. Links to Other Sites.
The FPIES Foundation Medical Liaisons have compiled links that have been reviewed and meet the criteria of our Link Policy. If you use the THEFPIESFoundation.org websites, you acknowledge that these links are to websites operated by parties that are not affiliated with The FPIES Foundation. The FPIES Foundation is not responsible for, and makes no representation concerning, the content of third-party links or websites. By using the THEFPIESFoundation.org, you acknowledge this limitation and release The FPIES Foundation from all liability for damages that may result from using these links and websites.
Links to third-party websites are provided solely as a service to The FPIES Foundation users. The FPIES Foundation does not endorse or sponsor these organizations, their programs, or their products, and you should not infer any endorsement or sponsorship.
5. Your Registration Obligations.
By using this service, you represent that you are of legal age and will provide true and accurate information in completing the site registration process. Site and forum content is approved for readers ages 14 and older. We may terminate your use of this site if we suspect that you have provided false, inaccurate, or misleading information.
By registering as a member of FPIESFoundation.org, or by subscribing to our newsletter, you may communications from us, including invitations to contribute to our fundraising efforts. If you do not wish to receive communications from The FPIES Foundation at any point after you register, you may cancel your registration by contacting us.
8. Acceptable Behavior for Message Boards, Private Messaging, Chats, and Other Interactive Features on Our Websites, blog, and forums.
The FPIES Foundation expects our members and site visitors to abide by common standards of decency and courtesy. The FPIES Foundation may remove any posted item it deems objectionable, offensive, inappropriate, or not in the best interests of the organization. Members or visitors who abuse any interactive features, including the message boards, private messaging, or chat areas will be banned from future participation on the site.
The following will not be permitted in our message board, private messaging or chat rooms:
· Posting rude, offensive, discriminatory, harassing, vulgar or obscene items;
· Posting illegal, fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading items;
· Impersonating others or creating multiple identities;
· Posting items in violation of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights;
· Engaging in personal attacks or posting items that appear to slander others;
· Posting commercial advertisements or self-promotion, including announcements, or testimonials of web sites, services, businesses, products, online groups/lists, etc. in which you have a personal interest or involvement, or from which you derive some kind of remuneration;
· Using your business name as a user ID, signature line or avatar;
· Posting information about treatments or cures without basis in scientific fact;
· Offering to buy, sell or swap items (donating or giving away items in exchange for postage or shipping is acceptable);
· Posting announcements about research projects, solicitations of subjects for interviews or studies, conducting surveys, polls, or otherwise gathering information about members for anything other than personal use without the expressed permission of The FPIES Foundation;
· Posting announcements about fundraisers for other organizations or personal requests for money, goods, or services without the expressed permission of The FPIES Foundation; and
· Posting items about political elections, candidates, or party affiliations.
You may not "Harvest" email addresses from our Websites or Web services or transfer of email addresses for the purpose of sending email.
You must disclose any financial interests, commercial funding, or affiliations related to the subject of any posts you make on the message boards or chat rooms.
You may report any complaints or suspected violations regarding message board or chat postings by using the "Alert an Administrator" feature of the message boards and chat rooms.
9. Applicable Law And Venue.
10. Modification to Terms of Service and User Agreement.
Last updated: 12/15/2015