Skip to main content

4F9C709B-01FC-4867-AA9C-1813211D1386Our sweet girl started on solids and purées back in April 2022. I was so excited to start solids because I was obsessed with the Baby Led Weaning program. Even paid for a course/program. We first started on some rice cereal, she did fine on that and then started working “normal” foods like bananas, avacado, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, apples, pears etc. in BWL they say you don’t need to slow introduce allergic foods but I was worried and did them slowly… I then started getting excited and wanted to try yogurt, I did NOT think she would have an allergy to it. She then started having severe throwing up. Like fire hydrant throw up and I thought she was sick. I thought she had a stomach bug, we took her to instacare and they thought it was a UTI, and even tried to catheter her. We then ruled it out and they sent us home with zofran because she wouldn’t stop throwing up. After the zofran she was fine! So we thought sh was just sick. After multiple episodes of these scary vomiting, our pediatrician said that she may have FPIES and sent us to an allergist. We then did the FPIES challenge and she came back with being allergic to eggs and dairy and bananas.

so we have been avoiding those things but also have a hard time Introducing new foods. Poor thing eats the same thing over and over again!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 4F9C709B-01FC-4867-AA9C-1813211D1386
Original Post

Add Reply

**The FPIES Foundation does not provide medical advise, diagnosis, or treatment. ******THIS INFORMATION HAS NOT BEEN REVIEWED BY THE FPIES FOUNDATION'S MEDICAL ADVISORY BOARD.********* Terms of Use: http://www.thefpiesfoundation.org/index-9.html
Link copied to your clipboard.